Saturday, January 19, 2013

My very own font!

This weekend, I created my very own, original font, courtesy of YourFonts.com!


By printing this form, then scanning and uploading it to the YourFonts.com website, in minutes I had a font ready to use on my own computer!  The cost was $9.95, but it was worth it!  While there are free ways to have your handwriting chosen to be made into a font, using this site guarantees a font in just minutes.  (P.S.  It helps to use a fine point marker, such as a Sharpie® or a gel pen.)

I updated my logo to include my new font (called "Teachy").


Shortly after, I discovered yet another software, free of charge, that also creates fonts: www.fontstruct.com

While you do not need to pay for fonts here, you do have to spend a good deal of time creating and crafting the letters on the site using blocks and various shapes.  So, it took a lot longer, but this is what I came up with next:



The font is called "Laura Doll." Because you use blocks and a graph, the letters come out neater and more straight.  So now I'm using this as my logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment